[Opensim-users] Update on OpenSimulator Community Conference 2014

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:12:28 UTC 2014

Hi all,

A quick update on the OpenSimulator Community Conference, November 8-9,
2014!  http://conference.opensimulator.org/

We expect the conference to be a sell out event this year. Registration has
been brisk and we have fewer than 100 general admission tickets remaining.
If you haven’t registered yet, please be sure to sign up!

http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/register-now/

*Keynote Speakers*

We have several high profile keynote speakers this year, including Philip
Rosedale, CEO of High Fidelity, who will speak about the future of the
Metaverse, and Steve LaValle from Oculus Rift, who will discuss the Oculus
team’s race to deliver consumer grade virtual reality for mainstream
adoption.

In addition, a keynote panel of core OpenSimulator developers will discuss
the future of the platform, including the Hypergrid, content licensing and
permissions, scalability, and project maturity.  Keynote panelists include
Justin Clark-Case, Crista Lopes, Mic Bowman, Oren Hurvitz, Michael
Cerquoni, and Melanie Milland.

See the full schedule at:  http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/program/

*Volunteers, Content Donations Still Needed*

We’re also asking members of the OpenSimulator community to consider
volunteering for the conference. We still need volunteers to help with
audience assistance and greeting, as well as moderators to help introduce
speakers.  If you can sign up for even a single shift, we’d be very
appreciative!

Sign up to volunteer at:
http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/staff/call-for-volunteers/

We also hope to give people more avatar choices this year, so we appreciate
donations of avatar components or other content that we can share with
conference attendees.

To make a donation of content, upload your OAR or IAR file at:
http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/about/content-donation-form/

*Last Chance for Crowdfunder Community Booth*

We’ll also be closing the option to have a Community Booth in the
Crowdfunder Campaign so that we have enough time to coordinate everyone’s
builds.  If you wanted to have a community booth, this is your last chance!

Sign up for a Crowdfunder Community Booth:
http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/sponsors/crowdfunder-campaign/

Thanks as always to the speakers, sponsors, crowdfunders, and terrific
volunteers who are helping make this year’s conference a great event. We
hope to see you at the conference in a few weeks!

- Chris/Fleep

*Chris M. Collins (Avatar: Fleep Tuque)*

President, AvaCon, Inc.

275 Winthrop Street

PO Box 618

Rehoboth, MA 02769-1819

(774) 654-0010

info at avacon.org

http://avacon.org

*AvaCon, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization* dedicated to
promoting the growth, enhancement, and development of the metaverse,
virtual worlds, augmented reality, and 3D immersive and virtual spaces.
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential,
privileged, or otherwise protected by legal rules and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
AvaCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.