[Opensim-users] Mono stability on OpenSuSE 13.2

James Hughes jamesh at bluewallgroup.com
Sun Nov 23 03:11:01 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I wanted to shoot out an email to relate my experience with OpenSim on
OpenSuSE 13.2. There seems to be an underlying issue causing
Mono/OpenSim to be somewhat unstable. Regions crash frequently leaving
stack traces like: http://pastebin.com/Rcxy6WrS . This was experienced
on different machines: Intel, KDE / AMD, Gnome and under Mono 3.8.0 and
3.10.0.

After reverting back to OpenSuSE 13.1, Mono and OpenSim are very stable.
So, just a heads up if you are planning to upgrade to be cautious and
have a backup plan in place.

Thanks,
BlueWall