[Opensim-users] Singularity and Mesh LOD setting (RenderVolumeLODFactor)

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:29:48 UTC 2014

>From: "R.Gunther" <rigun at rigutech.nl>
>Max setting is 2.0 in rendervolumelod factor.

Ah, maybe I have misunderstood the setting as I normally set
RenderVolumeLODFactor to 4.0 in LL viewer and Firstorm  (the sliders
in Firestorm's quick prefs panel  definitely let you set up to 4.0)
and that renders meshes without them dropping out badly, which
happens at the lower defaults and indeed even with settings up to 3.0.

I found that some mesh that normally renders was not showing properly
at the same sort of view distance.

But maybe there are other settings affecting this.  I will experiment
more carefully tomorrow.