[Opensim-users] Change the moon?

Fokides Aegean fokides at aegean.gr
Sat Mar 29 16:20:18 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the moon image in opensim?

There is a moon.jp2 file in bin\assets. I replaced that with a new one,
failed.

I added a moon.png file and edited the
bin\assets\TexturesAssetSet\TexturesAssetSet.xml file, pointing to the new
file, failed.

I deleted the moon entry on the assets table in the database, uploaded a new
moon image, changed the id, name, owner, etc of the image (in the assets
table) to correspond to the old one, failed.

Searched in firestorm for a moon image (in case the viewer handles the moon
image), failed

I also tried to change the stars based on

and

http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=viewblob&p=opensim&h=1b57f9ee33af5e83c1a
cd72ea91919edbb262ef1&f=bin/assets/TexturesAssetSet/TexturesAssetSet.xml

failed

Each time I restarted Opensim in order to apply any changes.

So, how can moon and stars be changed in Opensim????

Thanks in advance for your replies

Manos