[Opensim-users] OpenSim 0.8

The Pierce Family thepierces-rwpt at charter.net
Thu Jun 26 00:35:10 UTC 2014

I am running 0.8 under a Windows 64-bit environment, with a WAMPServer 2.5.
I have successfully redeployed the MySQL data files from WAMP 2.0c (this was
a major undertaking to say the least, especially since I have not done it in
about 2 years).

The problem I am running into is that regardless of my efforts, I cannot
seem to get more than 2 instances of OS 0.8 to operate correctly. I have
gone as far as taking "EXACT" duplicates of a working directory and simply
renamed it to a new instance on the same server. Then the last thing I do is
to ensure all the TCP and UDP ports match what the should be. In this case
where everything should be able to work correctly twice, it is not 100%
without any red line indicators. I have successfully set up and ran a v0.7.5
and v0.7.6 so this is NOT new territory.

I am curious to know if anyone has been successful under this operating
environment. I would also ask that some/anyone share their (1)
robust.hg.ini, (2) opensim.ini, and (3) gridcommon.ini (from the
config-include directory).

I know it must be something extremely simple. This particular version has
allowed OpenSim to grow by leaps and bounds and I seriously want to grow
with it. The limitations of 0.7.5 are hindering my own progress (I've been
in OpenSim since v 0.6.9) .....

I thought it also should work straight from the box with a few modifications
for a hyper-grid environment, but that has also failed me.

Thank you for any and all assistance.