[Opensim-users] Hoping for a fearless comparison of opensim vs unity 3D

Wade Schuette wade.schuette at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 00:24:14 UTC 2014

(a) sorry, Maria's last name is Korolov, not what I said.   She's extremely
in-touch!

Maria Korolov <https://plus.google.com/u/0/107216126920877384308?prsrc=4>
[image: Maria Korolov's profile photo]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/107216126920877384308?prsrc=4>
maria at hypergridbusiness.com

(b)  side-bar,  the question of scalability.   If you can live with only 50
or fewer users using your system at once,  the OpenSim approach is
workable.    One strength of Unity3D,  with SmartFoxServer is that you can
potentially deliver the same content to 500,000 people simultaneously with
appropriate server power and costs, but no further development.

Wade

--
R. Wade Schuette, CDP, MBA, MPH
698 Monterey Ave