[Opensim-users] Hoping for a fearless comparison of opensim vs unity 3D

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 22:53:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Toni Alatalo <toni at playsign.net> wrote:

> consider doing the 2d ui just on a normal 2d widget

Hi Toni,
the board is not a 2D widget actually, it is a 3d miniaturize version that
looks 2D in the videos, you could build a building, with each floors
stacked on the board, and create different configurations of buildings from
linked parts etc...when I plant trees, it needs to have height of terrain
info... so yes, the board is not 2D really. I tried viewing the set up
through the rift but I did not have many people view it at the same time
and do stuff on the board at the same time through the rift, that's where I
am hoping to go in the future.
can unity allow loading of pre-scripted complex objects (with different
moveable parts) at one go like I demonstrate? or are those moves mainly for
static objects?
can the 2d ui in unity be viewed as a 3D object inside the scene through
the Rift?
Just thinking questions aloud, but they will go a long way to help me make
a decision.
Thanks in advance Toni
Ramesh

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate *Research
Associate Professor*, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel:
208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>, DeepSemaphore LLC
<http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, RezMela <http://www.rezmela.com>, Google+
profile <https://plus.google.com/103652369558830540272/about>