[Opensim-users] open sim on_touch method and OSForceDetach/Attach

Culbertson, Johanna Johanna_Culbertson at sra.com
Fri Jul 11 16:35:13 UTC 2014

Hi!

I have a stand-alone grid that I have inherited. This is my first experience with OpenSim and LSL coding. My google Searches and API searches have been fruitless on these two issues. Please let me know what information may better help debug these issues!

1>     This first one is so frustrating because the answer should just be so simple, but I do not see it! I have a simple prim that is displaying a texture. On touch, I wish for it to switch to another texture.  This mostly works, except on first touch. When it does not work on first touch, I can hit the escape key and try again...then it always works.  I need to figure out how to make this work first time, every time.  Here is the script controlling it:

integer Count=1;

default

{

state_entry()

    {

        llOwnerSay("state entry first board");

      string texture = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_TEXTURE, 0);

      llSetTexture(texture, ALL_SIDES);

    }

    touch_start(integer id)

    {

        llOwnerSay("board touched");

         string texture = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_TEXTURE, Count);

        llSetTexture(texture, ALL_SIDES);

        if(Count > 2) llResetScript();

        Count= Count+1;

    }

}

2>     I have another, more complicated matter as well. This one has to do with a prim, whose inventory includes a script and another object.  The script attaches the object to the HUD of the user. Inside this object, there is a script that will then detach itself from the HUD after its purpose has been met. All of this seems to work just fine. However, when I teleport the user, the object shows back up, attached to the HUD. I've spent days researching this one and I can't find any resources on solving this issue. I can send code for this if necessary.

I'm sure I am just making some simplistic newbie mistakes, and I apologize for wasting your time, but I am at my wits end in trying to figure this out on my own! Thanks for any help you can pass my way.

Johanna