[Opensim-users] OpenSimulator event recording module

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 9 23:39:47 UTC 2014

Hi folks.  I just thought that I would post about an event recording module [1] that I recently wrote as part of some
recent work with the Air Force Research Laboratory/Wright Brothers Institute Discovery Lab [2].

This works at the simulator level and can record user logins, logouts, region entrance, chat and IM to either the
OpenSim log or a MySQL database for later analysis.  It's a bit panopticon, but in the past people have asked for this
kind of functionality for various reasons (e.g. to know who has been on the grid, to study communications in
training/game scenarios as part of research projects, etc.).

It's OpenSimulator 0.8 and onwards only since that allowed me to use some handy .NET 4 structures to make sure that
event recording doesn't adverse impact other parts of the simulator.  Also, it currently needs to be compiled from source

[1] https://github.com/justincc/EventRecordingModule
[2] http://wbi-icc.com/centers-services/discovery-lab

Regards,

--