[Opensim-users] Rebuild

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:31:23 UTC 2014

This is true (and yet another thing to fix) but it won't lose you any content per se - it will mean that the user has to
rewear their outfit and appearance may be the cloud until they do.

In general, I do agree that this seems more trouble than it's worth but I presume that you're seeing unexpected issues
with your current setup?  Migration via IARs is extremely painful for more than a few users.  I'm somewhat curious how
you switched from mssql to mysql in the first place.

On 27/08/14 20:52, Dahlia Trimble wrote:
> IAR breaks inventory links so it may not be a good choice for database migrations
>

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 4:26 AM, Drover, Matt <mattdrover at mun.ca <mailto:mattdrover at mun.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Can I rebuild my entire grid from oar backups and iar inventory backups?____
>
>     __ __
>
>     A long time ago I switched from mssql to mysql and I don’t think it worked properly. I already found one field that
>     went over as “0” instead of NULL, but there could be more. So I figured that a rebuild might fix that. I was to
>     export everything inworld, then drop the tables and have opensim build them back.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     Any thoughts?____
>
>     __ __