[Opensim-users] Region permissions and OAR files

Rick Anderson rianders at docs.rutgers.edu
Wed Aug 27 13:45:54 UTC 2014

I rebuilt my grid from scratch in 0.8.0.1. I had a misconfiguration in
groups and turned off the feature in order allow users to log in. Their
groups were being checked but the misconfiguration caused an error that
failed the login.

The issue:
I had backed up all the regions with "save oar --publish" option.  Now I
have restored those regions. All work good except two regions have banned
all users. I get ban lines and everything.  I don't see the option to
remove those permissions.  I can issue "bypass permissions true" but that's
not actually fixing the permissions.

Thanks for putting up with the emails. The semester is starting soon so all
of the last minute details are getting attention.

--Rick

--
Rick Anderson
Director of Virtual Worlds