[Opensim-users] So much fun in a so little box

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Sun Aug 24 00:33:20 UTC 2014

I inherited a mini-ITX chassis with an old Atom motherboard in it. That
turned out to be way to slow for physics. So, for $70 I bought the "ASRock
Motherboard Mini ITX DDR3 1066 Q1900B-ITX"[1] from Amazon. With Ubuntu
14.04 server it runs the BulletSim regions on OSGrid [2]. Does a pretty
good job for just being a 2GHz Celeron.

The small processors are pretty capable.

-- mb

[1] http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2CCCJE
[2] dual core (4 threads), 4GB ram, 500GB disk, cable modem