[Opensim-users] Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Andre Verwijs dutch.glory at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 17:50:32 UTC 2014

Op 20-08-14 om 15:46 schreef Mister Blue:
> Since OpenSim.ini and OpenSimDefaults.ini change over time (in sometimes
> useful ways), I copy the released versions of the files into my
> simulator run directories unchanged. That way I can get the latest
> update with minimal editing and merging.
>
> OpenSimulator, by default, reads all INI files in the "bin/config"
> directory. So, I create a file "bin/config/me.ini" that I fill with all
> the changes I want to overlay what is in OpenSim.ini and
> OpenSimDefaults.ini. That also keeps all my changes separate and easily
> findable. As noted above, OpenSimDefaults.ini and OpenSim.ini are read
> first so any values in other INI files replace the values in those files.
>
> As a side note, I also create a file "bin/config/OpenSimAllows.ini"
> (available at
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86260377/OpenSimAllows.ini) which
> controls the access to all the 'os' functions. (Insert rant about
> wanting OpenSim functions on all the time and one should have to do
> something to restrict them if you want SL compatibility).

thanks for reply :)

and where do you add me.ini and OpenSimAllows.ini to make opensim
load/read it?

i see i need to add the most changes to opensim.ini witch is easier with
upgrading... i alway thought both were changing with every git master
update, depending on the source code change. (opensim core functions
within opensim.ini and miscellaneous functions within opensimdefault.ini)

but justin gave me a link with this subject, so i can do some studying
:)  never to old to learn :)

..