[Opensim-users] Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Wed Aug 20 13:46:36 UTC 2014

Since OpenSim.ini and OpenSimDefaults.ini change over time (in sometimes
useful ways), I copy the released versions of the files into my simulator
run directories unchanged. That way I can get the latest update with
minimal editing and merging.

OpenSimulator, by default, reads all INI files in the "bin/config"
directory. So, I create a file "bin/config/me.ini" that I fill with all the
changes I want to overlay what is in OpenSim.ini and OpenSimDefaults.ini.
That also keeps all my changes separate and easily findable. As noted
above, OpenSimDefaults.ini and OpenSim.ini are read first so any values in
other INI files replace the values in those files.

As a side note, I also create a file "bin/config/OpenSimAllows.ini"
(available at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86260377/OpenSimAllows.ini)
which controls the access to all the 'os' functions. (Insert rant about
wanting OpenSim functions on all the time and one should have to do
something to restrict them if you want SL compatibility).