[Opensim-users] Googlebot trying OpenSim /agent/<uuid> ?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 07:49:43 UTC 2014

I mentioned before that occasionally we see red "error" level
messages on our OpenSim.exe consoles of this format...

[AGENT HANDLER]: method GET not supported in agent message
/agent/e24a9015-f5ca-452b-8c95-d32e34cb9d64/, (caller is 66.249.64.223)

The UUID is an actual one for an avatar on our grid...

The caller is a Google Bot...

Name:    crawl-66-249-64-223.googlebot.com
Address:  66.249.64.223

It looks like its a simple attempt by Google to index pages it find
that mention this string in things like OpenSim mantis issue details
or comments, OpenSim mailing list web page archives, etc.

Should such things be red errors or just warnings?