[Opensim-users] Win-7 Region Server to Ubuntu 14.04 Robust

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Sun Aug 3 19:02:38 UTC 2014

At 9:02 AM -0500 3/8/14, The Pierce Family wrote:

>Jeff,
>
>Here is the response I got when I did this with my primary Windows 7 machine
>that is used to type this email as well as other daily things:
>
>Ooops!
>The page you requested has been obsconded with by knomes. Find hippos quick!
>If you are trying to log-in, your link parameters should have: "-loginpage
>http:///?method=login -loginuri http:///" in your link

This is correct behaviour and means that your Windows "primary "
machine can communicate with R.O.B.U.S.T. on your Linux box.

You should perform the same test from your region machine.

If you don't get the hippos message, repeat with iptables disabled on
the Linux box.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/ubuntu-start-stop-iptables-service/

-- Jeff