[Opensim-users] Changing regions external ip address

Rick Anderson rianders at docs.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 10 03:15:24 UTC 2014

Thanks for the thought.

My assumption is that I can move regions between servers by moving the
myregion1.ini to any other server regardless of cloud. As long as I update
the external ip to the new server, and don't pick a conflicting port with
my new server.

The issue I have is that the database may hold onto the external IP inside
of teleports, and scripts. So the moved region has  new ip.  But the old
regions might not be able to point to the moved region.

One thought I have is that this shouldn't be done live. You should bring
down the entire grid plus robust server. Not sure about this.

-_Rick