No subject

Sat Apr 19 01:53:27 UTC 2014

comments, I prefer to give my items (textures, anims, code...) for<br>
free before anyone can sell them.<br>
Of course there are cases when a lawyer is needed but for a simple<br>
texture, believe me, I can live with some thieve around.<br>
I won't enter in themes like identity verification because I live in<br=

Spain and here we have a mandatory (by law, when you are 14 years old<br>
you need one) document to verify our identity. It is called DNI.<br>
My conclusion is that there aren't any effective technological method<b=
r>
to protect against content "robatory" (see DRM... :-P). You can t=
rust<br>
on people or you can use your legal forces... but a machine rarely<br>
will help you (unless this machine is some kind of Kalashnikov AK-47).<br>
2010/2/25, John Mieske <<a href=3D"mailto:johnmieske at gmail.com">johnmies=
ke at gmail.com</a>>:<br>
n to tick ya off.. =A0lol<br>
ren_palen at yahoo.com">karen_palen at yahoo.com</a>> wrote:<br>

gmail.com">johnmieske at gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
-users at lists.berlios.de</a><br>

rage123 at verizon.net</a>><br>
>> > wrote:<br>
>> > Sadly like so many schemes that only works until some crook<b=
r>
>> > fakes the "do<br>
>> > not copy flag" or something similar.<br>
>> > Even something which is a "closely held" as the<br>
>> > IPod has similar problems. I<br>
>> > did a search for Ipod apps on Pirate Bay the other day.<br>
>> > They are always a good check of what works and what<br>
>> > doesn't!<br>
>> > I found more than 1000 items, including all kinds of MP3s,<br=
>
>> > software, and<br>
>> > "hacks"!<br>
>> > Many many very competent people have worked on Digital<br>
>> > Rights Management<br>
>> > (DRM), but as far as I know there has never been any<br>
>> > solution worth the<br>
>> > trouble and hassle involved!<br>
>> > That doesn't stop the snake oil salesman from claiming<br=
>
>> > to have "the<br>
>> > ultimate" solution of course.We are seeing that on<br>
>> > Second Life right now.<br>
>> > Karen<br>
>> > -------------------------------------------------------------=
----<br>
>> > I agree to a point. I tend to think in terms if asked<br>
>> > "What have i done as a<br>
>> > grid oper. to help stop the spread of stolen content?"<b=
r>
>> > I have nothing to<br>
>> > show them sadly and thats scary as hell to me!<br>
>> > If as a grid op i can at least show a good faith attemp at<br=
>
>> > prevention and<br>
>> > away to track it quickly to the user that broght it in. Id<br=
>
>> > feel alot better<br>
>> > and prob. the users would be alot happyer knowing it too.<br>
>> > Something at this point is better than nothing i think.<br>
>> > :-)<br>
>> > --<br>
t-Our-Own-Backyard-tp4622175p4630592.html" target=3D"_blank">http://n2.nabb=
le.com/Speaking-of-Content-Theft-How-About-Our-Own-Backyard-tp4622175p46305=
92.html</a><br>

>> > Sent from the<br>
>> > opensim-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.<br>
users</a><br>
>> > --<br>
>> > John Mieske / Winword Exonar<br>
hnmieske.org</a><br>