No subject

Sat Apr 19 01:53:27 UTC 2014

ask around in IRC and at office hours and see what people think, more
than an official process (0.6.3 a good example of a release that sank
for me because of appearance bugs that would have upset quite a few
users on our grid). I had believed it was more a case of warning the
unassuming folks who just got latest code and hoped for the best. I was
wrong.

I made a bad call, I regret the inconvenience to anyone on ReactionGrid,
I regret the fact that I lost two hours to someone else's prank. What
hurts more is that I've been attacked by many whom I respect over the
course of the day for my own stupidity. I made the decision to stop with
regular contract work and work on an OpenSim project because it was a
platform I believed in with a core of good people who knew what they
were doing. I care about what I do, I care about my grid, and I don't
want to let people down. Fine, I'm in the minority, I'll stay there
happily.=20

-----Original Message-----
From: opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of LaeMi Wang
Sent: 01 April 2009 22:07
To: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] [SLED] Linden Lab Sells Second Life!

-snip-
more bitterness about the stretchy AVs prank
-/snip-

Okay. We get it already!

Yes, the core devs probably should be more aware of how precious
people's AVs=20
are to them (there is a TON of research on this).

But if someone's business and family are so reliant on the functionality
of=20
the server why the hell are they running off CVS head!?!? real bugs far
worse=20
than this hit head almost weekly. That is what head is for.

I only play in OS at present and even I keep a last-working-compile
around=20
until I have verified the new one is OK. Me thinks the user doth protest
(far)=20
too much.

03/31/09 13:05:00
=0A=0A=0A
--0-869367829-1238621702=:12423

top" style=3D"font: inherit;">But don't you think us developers are hurt by=
 being attacked by people because of this? Everyone acts like they are enti=
tled to so much and we don't count and we should just do as we are told and=
le=3D"border-left: 2px solid rgb(16, 16, 255); margin-left: 5px; padding-le=
ft: 5px;">From: Chris Hart <Chris at codetorque.co.uk><br>Subject: Re: [=
Opensim-users] [SLED] Linden Lab Sells Second Life!<br>To: opensim-users at li=
t if someone's business and family are so reliant on the<br>functionality o=
f the server why the hell are they running off CVS<br>head!?!? real bugs fa=
r worse than this hit head almost weekly. That is<br>what head is
 for."<br><br>Not head, specific revision decided upon after weeks of testi=
ng (I am<br>serious - I have a full dev environment, a staging environment =
and the<br>live grid). Please don't assume I take any decision regarding up=
grading<br>lightly. I agonise over every update to tagged branches or other=
wise.<br>From what I could tell, the stable tagging process was more a case=
 of<br>ask around in IRC and at office hours and see what people think, mor=
e<br>than an official process (0.6.3 a good example of a release that sank<=
br>for me because of appearance bugs that would have upset quite a few<br>u=
sers on our grid). I had believed it was more a case of warning the<br>unas=
suming folks who just got latest code and hoped for the best. I was<br>wron=
g.<br><br>I made a bad call, I regret the inconvenience to anyone on Reacti=
onGrid,<br>I regret the fact that I lost two hours to someone else's prank.=
 What<br>hurts more is that I've been attacked by many whom I
 respect over the<br>course of the day for my own stupidity. I made the dec=
ision to stop with<br>regular contract work and work on an OpenSim project =
because it was a<br>platform I believed in with a core of good people who k=
new what they<br>were doing. I care about what I do, I care about my grid, =
and I don't<br>want to let people down. Fine, I'm in the minority, I'll sta=
-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de<br>[mailto:opensim-users-bounces at lists.berl=
ios.de] On Behalf Of LaeMi Wang<br>Sent: 01 April 2009 22:07<br>To: opensim=
-users at lists.berlios.de<br>Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] [SLED] Linden Lab S=
robably should be more aware of how precious<br>people's AVs <br>are to the=
m (there is a TON of research on this).<br><br>But if someone's
 business and family are so reliant on the functionality<br>of <br>the serv=
er why the hell are they running off CVS head!?!? real bugs far<br>worse <b=
r>than this hit head almost weekly. That is what head is for.<br><br>I only=
 play in OS at present and even I keep a last-working-compile<br>around <br=
>until I have verified the new one is OK. Me thinks the user doth protest<b=
sts.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users<br><br>No virus found in this=
 incoming message.<br>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <br>Version: 8.0.238 / V=
irus Database: 270.11.31/2028 - Release Date:<br>03/31/09 13:05:00<br>_____=