[Opensim-users] database location?

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Mon Sep 23 16:38:28 UTC 2013

I do regular backups of my MySQL database and I also create OAR and TERRAIN
files for each region. When people are doing work in my grid, I do daily
backups, otherwise I do backups every couple of days.

It's easy to restore regions from OAR files, but there's a huge amount of
information in the database that's not in OAR files, so I find it useful to
do both types of backups.

IAR files aren't useful if you have other users and you don't know their
passwords.  You need the database for restoring their data.

-----
 Apollo Manga (Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
 Writer, instructor, former software engineer
 Northern California
 ErikBainbridge.com
 VirtualMarin.com