[Opensim-users] Intermittently unable to teleport into my grid

EGBainbridge/Apollo Manga tamrider at frodo.tv
Fri Sep 13 23:06:09 UTC 2013

Pathfinder, thanks for your generous comments, and for the new Blamgate.

My teleport problem is intermittent.  Several times today, I've been unable
to teleport in, but at other times I've had no problem.  I tested it a few
minutes ago and it was OK.  I haven't restarted or changed anything.

It's embarrassing that I can't solve this teleport problem.  I'm assuming
it's either an uninitialized variable in one of my config files, or a
problem developing in my modem or router, or an internet connection issue.
I rent an old house with questionable wiring (my computers are on the only
grounded outlets in the house), so I can't rule out house wiring as a
possible cause of the problem.

Regarding Virtual Marin: I've removed five regions from Virtual Marin to
make room for a development project I'm doing for a company. It's my first
paid job doing OpenSim development (most of the company's regions are off
limits to hypergrid visitors).  If you come back to explore, you might want
to check out Mount Tamalpais, a replica of the SF Bay Area's Mount
Tamalpais, which I generated from USGS topographic data.

Erik

-----
 Apollo Manga (
   Erik Gordon Bainbridge)
 Writer, instructor, former software engineer
 Northern California
 ErikBainbridge.com
 VirtualMarin.com