[Opensim-users] Simudyne viewer on microsoft surface

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 21:21:54 UTC 2013

>From: Dr Ramesh Ramloll <r.ramloll at gmail.com>
>
>I am very interested in the Simudyne viewer. I visited the product website
>and I came away wondering if the viewer is an optimized one for opensim in
>general that we can download and use for any grid. Am really craving for a
>good viewer that runs well on a tablet  ... or microsoft surface.
>Let me know.

I spoke with Simudyne folks and the underlying viewer developer at
OSCC13 and here is some information and links about it in a blog post...

<http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2013/09/08/mobile-simudyne-viewer-for-microsoft-surface-pro/>http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2013/09/08/mobile-simudyne-viewer-for-microsoft-surface-pro/

Basically Simudyne have a desktop viewer based on Firestorm and a
Surface Pro viewer based on a new open source third party viewer
called Alchemy under development now.

Currently the Simudyne Grid and their development rid are the only
grids that can be selected and theer is no grid manager.  On the
suggestion of Simudyne I tried --loginuri but it does not work, as
the Alchemy viewer is branched off recent V3 code a I understand it.