[Opensim-users] Australian and New Zealand virtual worlds scoping study: Final report available for download

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Mon Sep 2 14:55:30 UTC 2013

Mark
 This is a remarkable publication - many case studies and reasoning in
favor of the virtual environment approach. Also, many instances of
OpenSim, demonstrating its significant worth in the education area.
-p

On Sep 2, 2013, at 8:18 AM, "Lee, Mark" <malee at csu.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> In 2010-12, with colleagues from Charles Sturt University (CSU), the University of New England (UNE), and the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), I worked on a project that involved conducting an Australia and New Zealand-wide scoping study on the use of virtual worlds for learning and teaching in higher education. The final report from the project is now available as an open-access publication:
>
> Dalgarno, B., Gregory, S., Carlson, L., Lee, M. J. W., & Tynan, B. (2013). A systematic review and environmental analysis of the use of 3D immersive virtual worlds in Australian and New Zealand higher education institutions [Final report]. Armidale, Australia: University of New England, DEHub. Available from http://www.dehub.edu.au/publications/books/
>
> Please feel free to direct others who you think might be interested to this resource.
>
> The scoping study project was funded by the Distance Education Hub (DEHub), a research consortium based at UNE and involving CSU, USQ, and CQU (Central Queensland University) in Australia as well as Massey University in New Zealand. DEHub was initially established through a grant from the Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE) and now continues to operate under the sponsorship of UNE, providing a wealth of resources and activities aimed at promoting scholarship and innovation in online and distance learning. I encourage you to check out their newly redeveloped website at http://www.dehub.edu.au/.
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Mark J. W. Lee
> Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Education, Charles Sturt University
> (Former Adjunct Senior Lecturer, DEHub, University of New England)
> Editor, MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching
> Visiting Scholar (2013-14), California State University

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Chair, ACM SIGSIM
Distinguished Chair of Arts & Technology
   and Professor of Computer Science
Director, Creative Automata Laboratory
The University of Texas at Dallas
Arts & Technology