[Opensim-users] RemoteAdmin Create Region Workaround?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 17 19:52:29 UTC 2013

On 17/10/13 11:58, Timothy Rogers wrote:
> I really need a work around for RemoteAdmin_Create_Region function, since it is tossing issues. I have replied to the
> mantis about the issue.
>
> Does anyone know of any way to work around this issue?

Unfortunately this is not easy to fix, as architecturally the user account service isn't currently available if there
are no scenes present.

If you're willing to patch the code, one workaround might be to give an estate_owner_uuid and comment out the parts of
the code (lines 659-664 in RemoteAdmin) which check if that uuid actually exists.  Then it would be up to you not to
make sure that you aren't giving invalid UUIDs.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting