[Opensim-users] trouble with new osgrid region

Serendipity Seraph seren.seraph at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 21:03:32 UTC 2013

High.  I pulled the latest linux osgrid opensimulator package and cranked it up on a new VPS.  Something appears to be very off.  I have a static IP on the region and originally did not have a DNS pointing to it.  I don't know if that or something else got it confused but I see a couple of issues.  The region did come up fine on osgrid.

First I see strange messages as if something things the region is at some other address.  Like:
PUT http://mariaclaude.no-ip.org:9000/agent/544eab0f-01a9-5f8d-e0d9-de89e9ea46dd/ took 10000ms, 0ms writing, {"message_type":"AgentPosition","region_handle":"10966528977991424","circuit_code":"0","agent_uuid":
21:41:36 - [WEB UTIL]: ServiceOSD request 107 http://mariaclaude.no-ip.org:9000/agent/544eab0f-01a9-5f8d-e0d9-de89e9ea46dd/ PUT FAILED: The request timed out

I have no ide who or what mariaclaude.no-ip.org may be but it is sure not me.  I did a ping and the address shown is not my IP address at all.   I have since set my DNS for one of my domains to point to this and changed it in my Region.ini but to no avail.  Restart leaves it all the same.

I also loaded an OAR from a kitely region to my region but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

The other and more serious problem is that I get errors every time I try to compile a script and no scripts seem to want to run, at least not ones I build.

If I right click and hit compile (both compile LSL and compile Mono give same problem) I get
(0,0) Error: [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

HELP!

Thanks.

- seren