[Opensim-users] Quick scripting question for OS commands.

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:56:44 UTC 2013

Yes, this is what I was looking for.  I mistakenly a bit on vocabulary
there.  I haven't broken my regions into parcels, right now they all
belong to me.  Now by using the commands associated with
osParcelSetDetails()/llParcelGetDetails(). and add and remove the
windlight codes to the parcel description to get the weather environment
to change.

Thank you very much.
InuYasha

On 2/27/2013 3:42 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> Okay, you're talking about the land (parcel) description, not a whole
> region description.  You could indeed set and get this using the
> osParcelSetDetails()/llParcelGetDetails().  However, as Garmin
> suggested, you're probably better off using the description field of
> an object hidden somewhere on the sim.
>
> At some point in the future we may have a script facility for storing
> somewhat larger chunks of data in objects than the 255 character limit
> of Description fields.  However, this option currently requires more
> design thought, imho.
>
> On 27/02/13 00:58, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>> I meant when you use a viewer, you have the option of looking at
>> "About Land".  Under that window you can change the
>> name of the sim, it shows the UUID under that and then there is a
>> small box for a description. In the same way you can
>> edit an item or object.  The description can be chnaged in both SL
>> and Opensim using a script.  I just wanted to know if
>> anyone knew enough about some new OS commands that let you do the same.
>>
>> InuYasha.
>>

>> On 2/26/2013 7:34 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>>> I'm not sure what you're asking here. Regions don't have
>>> descriptions.  If you're asking about changing the region
>>> name on the fly then that isn't possible (and I don't think that's
>>> likely to change very soon).
>>>
>>> I'm not sure why windlight changes aren't working for you. You might
>>> want to file a Mantis.

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).