[Opensim-users] No free URLs even right after grid restarted, and after increasing number available [was Re: Moodle + sloodle + opensim]

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 21:01:05 UTC 2013

The max_external_urls_per_simulator option won't work in 0.7.3 because it was only added in 0.7.4.  In that time period
I also fixed (with the help of some patches and testing from Tom Haines) quite a few race conditions for script URLs.
So I really recommend updating to OpenSimulator 0.7.5 (or 0.7.4).  The max in 0.7.3 will be fixed at 100 without code
patching.

I would agree that it does look like other scripts are grabbing all available URLs on startup.  Can you identify any of
those scripts?  On OpenSimulator, removing a script (or an object) will release the URLs - though I can't remember if
that was being done in 0.7.3 (I suspect maybe not now that I think about it).

Unfortunately, there has been no way of seeing the script URLs that the simulator is serving.  It should have been
possible to see them under the HTTP section of the 'show http-handlers' console command though I've just discovered (and
fixed) a bug in git master where there were not being shown at all - a bug which is pretty likely to be in 0.7.3 as
well.  It may be good to go further and have a "show script urls" console command for more detailed debugging though I
don't know if I will get the time to do this in the near future.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting