[Opensim-users] Quick scripting question for OS commands.

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 11:02:48 UTC 2013

I was thinking, since I am having issues getting the windshare scripts
to work, although they compile.  I am still trying to use
windlight/windshare for a better weather system.  I was wondering if
there is a way in a script to change or add to a region description,
like you can use scripting to change and read and write to an object
description.  Because everything works the way I would expect when using
things like /*Sky:"Blizzard"Water:"[TOR] Subtleties"*/.  Maybe when a
storm is in the air I could chnage my normal region descripting to add
"/*Sky:"Blizzard"Water:"[TOR] Subtleties"*/" to the end, then remove it
when the storm is over?

It was only a thought since this can be does with objects.  Any ideas?
Or has the Issue in Mantis been fixed?  I am not even sure if it has
anything to do with my problem with scripting windshare. The example
scripts compile, and they say succes when complete.  I got the setting
variable I wanted, changed it, then check to see what the get windlight
script said, and the change saved.  I even set my water to black,
because I knew I would notice that change greatly.  The variable
changed, I checked and the returned value said it did.  Using Firestorm,
and Kokua to test, still no visual change to me.

Still adding "/*Sky:"Blizzard"Water:"[TOR] Subtleties"*/" chnages my
view instantly walking into and out of a region.  I am still using 7.4,
is it me, or a bug?  IF I could get this to work, I find this a muc
beter way then partical clouds to create storm and rain cloouds if this
would only work.

InuYasha

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).