[Opensim-users] A Way To "Physically" or "Locally" Embed A Video?

len at lenwbrown.com len at lenwbrown.com
Sat Feb 23 06:25:46 UTC 2013

Thank you Justin for the reply.  I sort of figured that would be the
case.  Interestingly though, I usually run XAMPP Lite for OpenSim, and
generally start Apache when I start MySQL, though I know Apache is
unnecessary for normal OpenSim access and usage.

I might look into serving them from the Apache server, since it is part
of the whole package I use.  I hadn't thought about the fact my
configuration has its own http server.  :)

You are right though, it would place a bit more stress on the overall
system.

I'd planned to use a much more lightweight solution than XAMPP, but the
light bulb over my head wants to experiment with serving up the video
from localhost...
I appreciate the feedback.

- Len