[Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption

Emperor Starfinder emperor at secondgalaxy.com
Thu Feb 21 20:37:39 UTC 2013

@caro

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

I reviewed the emails again and attempted the same test hoping that by
reproducing the problem I might see the problem.  Unfortunately I am
not seeing the cloud issue when crossing from one region into another.
  I also have seen some clouds in avatars but usually after a rebake
via the viewer this appears to resolve that.

I then attempted a couple more tests out of curiosity as to why you
were seeing that problem and I am unable to reproduce it.  I was not
able to reproduce that issue directly.  However I did notice that in
the region console with most viewers especially viewer 3 (firestorm
for opensim) you will get an unable to upload baked textures relating
to the avatar or unable to fetch baked textures relating to the avatar
along with a UUID.

With regards to the Hippo Viewer Island Oasis has rewritten the hippo
viewer and I have successfully used their version.

In ether case It would seem that your problem relates to to a problem
with your viewer not updating the scene view to update the avatar's
presence in the viewer.

One way to easily get to the heart of the problem I believe would be
to have the region console show you the avatar appearance with this
command: appearance show and the avatar's name.  This should tell you
if the avatar's baked textures are ok or corrupt.

It also could be that you just need to update the appearance which you
can do in the region console by typing appearance send and the
avatar's first and last name (its in the current development version
not sure if its in the 0.7.5 release)

If that doesn't work then the best place would be the mantis in the
event it is a bug.

However It does seem as though your viewers are having trouble
obtaining the appearance for an avatar. (I usually don't recommend
running a viewer on the same machine as the server for the region as
this will slow down the pc resources to which could cause this.)

I do hope that helps a little bit more.

Emperor