[Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 22 00:06:30 UTC 2013

I've been busy this week so I've only just had a change to look at this thread.  I was able to reproduce the problem on
current git master.  For some reason on crossing to another region, the viewer fails to send a AvatarSetAppearance
packet, which usually triggers a rebake because the simulator cannot find the baked texture UUIDs sent in that packet.

A teleport into that neighbour does send this packet, correctly triggering the rebake/reupload.

This fails on both LL 1.23.5 and LL 3.3.4.

I'm quite surprised - I swear this used to work though I might be misremembering.  So if somebody can identify a version
of OpenSimulator where this was fine then that would be helpful.  Please put more details on Mantis 6547 [1]

By the way, I have changed the console report to "incomplete" from "corrupt".  This is much more accurate since the code
doesn't actually currently check if the textures are valid JPEG 2000 assets - it just checks if they are present or not.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6547

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org