[Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption

caro t hart caro.thart at macaris.nl
Wed Feb 20 10:59:58 UTC 2013

@emperor

No console messages regarding textures or slow posts. Just the
messages of an incoming user.
Only the console commands  and  tell me that something is wrong.
There is nothing in my system that points to a timing-out problem.
Out of curiosity from my side:
It took me quite awhile to get from a "now what?!"-feeling to
reproducible "cloudformation". No problem is worse than a sometimes
problem.
And reproducable it is: whatever avatar type, viewer, number of
avatars or location of the client I use. Cross into another simulator
walking or flying and all new incoming avatars see you as a cloud.
So I would appreciate it if you able and willing to exactly replicate
my 123 test described on _Sat Feb 16 11:08:15 CET 2013._ ? Just to be
sure whether or not you also have this problem.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Caro

@Caro
Just out of curiosity (it may not be associated with the problem) do
you see anything on the console with the message unable to find baked

texture or any slow post messages? It may not even be related but I
wonder if where you have tried multiple viewers (Firestorm and
firestorm for opensim in my opinion being a bit to bulky and
imprudence and hippo viewers being very lightweight) if maybe your
viewer is timing out during the fetching process or during the
process
of loading the avi texture info into the database. In either case it
is quite possible that your viewers (and users' viewers on your grid
for that matter) are timing out during the fetch and post process.

Hope that might help some.

Emperor