[Opensim-users] Banning

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 03:04:54 UTC 2013

I haven't a suggestion on which program scans IP and MAC addresses , but
I suppose, if a griefer  gets really bad, you could use an IP and mac
address scanner, to then ban the mac address from your router.  That
would then keep those MAC addressess from connecting to your network at
all.  This might be a way to perma ban people from that particular machine.

InuYasha

On 2/18/2013 7:56 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> On 18/02/13 23:26, ssm2017 wrote:
>> actually, to ban a user, im using the "userLevel" field in the
>> "UserAccounts" grid table and then i set it to -1.
>> the grid "loginlevel" is set to 0.
>> this is not "officially recommended/supported" but it is actually
>> working and not preventing the user to use hypergrid.
>
> I thought this was the standard way of doing it, though admittedly it
> has not been documented!
>
> However, I'm not sure that ban mechanism would work for incoming HG
> users.  I'm not sure what the control tools are here right now - I
> think one might have to block specific IPs on the firewall.
>

>> 2013/2/18 Sarge Misfit <fubat.enterprises at gmail.com
>> <mailto:fubat.enterprises at gmail.com>>
>>
>>     The subject of griefers came up in a recent conversation. One
>> thing that none of us knows is how to ban them from an
>>     entire grid.
>>
>>     So, how DO you ban someone from a grid?

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).