[Opensim-users] Banning

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:56:48 UTC 2013

On 18/02/13 23:26, ssm2017 wrote:
> actually, to ban a user, im using the "userLevel" field in the "UserAccounts" grid table and then i set it to -1.
> the grid "loginlevel" is set to 0.
> this is not "officially recommended/supported" but it is actually working and not preventing the user to use hypergrid.

I thought this was the standard way of doing it, though admittedly it has not been documented!

However, I'm not sure that ban mechanism would work for incoming HG users.  I'm not sure what the control tools are here
right now - I think one might have to block specific IPs on the firewall.

> 2013/2/18 Sarge Misfit <fubat.enterprises at gmail.com <mailto:fubat.enterprises at gmail.com>>
>
>     The subject of griefers came up in a recent conversation. One thing that none of us knows is how to ban them from an
>     entire grid.
>
>     So, how DO you ban someone from a grid?

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting