[Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 22:25:59 UTC 2013

I wanted to add that I just did a quick test with Kokua.  My last one
was indeed done with Firestorm for Opensim.   I didn't take time for all
the steps in the original, but to see if I would get the results enough
to find them both acting the same.
What I found was logging in my main Avatar, I checked "appearance show
InuYasha Meiji"  and it came up with all the textures loaded and the
UUID numbers I expected to see.  I then crossed the border to a new sim
on a second instance and although I can see myself, I got this:

For InuYasha Meiji in Shuri Village
Bake Type  UUID
Head       not set
UpperBody  not set
LowerBody  not set
Eyes       not set
Skirt      not set
Hair       not set
InuYasha Meiji baked appearance texture is corrupt

I walked back and after sliding a bit, I stopped in the original sim I
logged  into.  I then  checked "appearance show InuYasha Meiji" again.
Now even in the first place I logged into my appearance is still
corrupt.  Of course a simple CTRL-ALT-R fixed the problem and the check
returned to normal.

This is the same result I got last time, only I never logged my wife's
avatar to see if she could see me.

Your Friend,

InuYasha Meiji

On 2/17/2013 2:14 PM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
> Caro,
>
> I personally haven't had that happen on our grid.  However I did
> receive a complaint about it late last night.  After doing a little
> bit of looking at the error code I did find that viewers are having
> trouble finding baked avatar textures.  However it is appearing to
> vary with viewers.  My thinking is it could be viewer related.  It may
> be some of the changes going on in the viewer code.  I would be
> curious to know which viewer you've had this issue with? Is it
> happening on all viewers or just one? is the viewer based on the old
> viewer code i.e. 1.23 such as imprudence source or the viewer 3 source
> such as Firestorm for opensim?
>
> If this is true then it may not even be in your OpenSim instance
> itself but just something with the viewer.  In some cases such as this
> I tend to look at the Jira for firestorm.  If there is a viewer
> related issue it is likely to get reported as they are one of the top
> viewers used over on Secondlife.
>
> I also got the complaint that avatars (mesh avatars) were not rezzing
> correctly.  However the person with the mesh avi was in Phoenix which
> as far as I am aware does not fully or properly support mesh (I could
> however be incorrect about that).
>
> If memory serves me correctly we had this issue a few months back and
> someone suggested it might be in the configuration relating to the
> viewer's ability to fetch inventory assets.
>
> I hope this helps a little.
>
> Emperor Starfinder

>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 09:57:34 +0100
>> From: Luisillo Contepomi <luisillocontepomi at gmail.com>
>> To: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Avatar texture corruption
>>
>> Hello Caro,
>> I confirm on Grid Linux centos 20 adjacent regions, and over windows7
>> (64)
>> 16 adjacent regions .
>> I cleaned and set the Regions Flotsam Cache sharing the same location in
>> the hard disk. (all regions only one cache)  but .. no sucess. The
>> problem
>> persist.
>> Regards,
>> Luisillo
>>

>>> The problem is consistently the same and best illustated as follows:
>>> Step 1: Log in as avatar A in opensim instance X
>>> Control 1: Console command in instance X: appearance show avatarname
>>> Step 2: Walk into an adjacent region  in an other opensim instance
>>> "Y" (do
>>> not bake, teleport or edit appearance!)
>>> Control 2: Console command in instance Y: appearance show avatarname
>>> Step 3: Log in as avatar B in either X or Y
>>>
>>> My Result: A can see B normally, but B sees A as a cloud.
>>>
>>> And yes, a baking action by A resolves the problem. But A does not
>>> know he
>>> is a cloud unless he is told.
>>> Unfortunately in my setup avatars do walk around and are supposed to
>>> cross
> [...]

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).