[Opensim-users] Server Side Baking

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Fri Feb 15 21:03:32 UTC 2013

All current and near-future viewers will retain the viewerside
baking code. As long as OpenSim doesn't support serverside baking,
things will stay as they are now.

Serverside baking makes little or no sense for standalones and is
probably not a good idea at all for hypergrid.

An implementation for grid mode is possible and will probably be
made at some point.

Melanie