[Opensim-users] status of vehicles in opensim

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 07:48:40 UTC 2013

I am not the originator of the question on vehicle scripting, but I am
hoping what you do is compatible with mega regions and such.  One more
thing...  are boat vehivles included in you're bulletphysics or ODE
only.  I am waiting for the physics that controll how a boat floats and
moves over water.

I thank you greatly for your work on this.
Yuukyuu/InuYasha

On 2/9/2013 11:16 PM, Mister Blue wrote:
> There are vehicle implementations in both the ODE and the BulletSim
> physics engine. BulletSim is under active development (my me) and I am
> working to make the SL vehicle model completely functional.
>
> Is there a particular 'wonky' thing that should be worked on?
>
> -- ra
>

> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll <r.ramloll at gmail.com
> <mailto:r.ramloll at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     Can anyone let me know if the latest version of opensim supports
>     vehicles reasonably ok ...? by that I mean, has anyone experienced
>     wonky things happening to their sim when vehicles are used. Thanks
>     Regards
>     Ramesh
>
>     --
>     'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'
>     *Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate
>     /Research Associate Professor/, Idaho State University, Pocatello,
>     ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040 <tel:208-240-0040>
>     Blog <http://deepsemaphore.posterous.com/>, LinkedIn
>     <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>, DeepSemaphore LLC
>     <http://www.deepsemaphore.com>, Google+ profile
>     <https://plus.google.com/103652369558830540272/about>

Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).