[Opensim-users] status of vehicles in opensim

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 05:16:13 UTC 2013

Hi Mister Blue,
Thank you for working on this.
I tried using my SL vehicle code and unfortunately there seems to be some
difference in behavior. E.g. instead of going forward my vehicle with tip
forward and try to go vertically down. I understand opensim has vehicle
scripts that do work ... but read a couple of places stating physical
objects should be used very carefully in opensim. Tried to use vehicle as
attachments but I don't like the approach. Even if I use forced attachment
of vehicles ... every time someone tries to drive there will be an extra
copy of the worn vehicle produced. So thought I would ask to see what is
the latest.
Thanks again for the BulletSim work.
Ramesh