[Opensim-users] Buying and Selling Land - What module is needed?

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:23:30 UTC 2012

Oh and in case anyone comes upon this thread later and isn't sure how to
implement it, here are the steps I used to implement the standalone
landtool.php script to enable buying and selling land for 0 currency:

1.  Copy and paste the text from http://pastebin.com/atAmukt2 into a text
file and rename it "landtool.php".

2.  Create a directory named \helper in your webserver root directory.  For
example, on Windows, the path should look like C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\helper.

3. Move the landtool.php file to the \helper directory and give the
creator-owner read/write permissions, give internet users read permissions.

4.  If you don't already have one, create a banker avatar account for your
grid and get the UUID of the avatar account.

5.  Edit the landtool.php file and in the #Settings section, add the
connection details for your opensim database:

# Settings
#
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbname = "<your opensim database name>";
$dbuser = "<your opensim database username>";
$dbpass = "<your opensim database user password>";

6.  Set the $economy_source_account and $economy_sink_account strings to
the UUID of the banker avatar account UUID that you created in Step 4.

7.  For those running in grid mode, edit your robust.HG.ini file and add
your new helper URL in the [GridInfoService] section:

; helper uri: optional: if it exists if will be used to tell the client to
use
    ;                       this for all economy related things

    economy = http://yourdomain.com/helper/

Note the trailing slash at the end of the URL - that must be there for the
tool to work!

8.  Restart your ROBUST service and the landtool.php script should now
enable the buying and selling of land for 0 currency.

Hopefully that all sounds correct and thanks again to all for helping me
get this working!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive