[Opensim-users] Any tip/idea on how to implement auto zoom or auto focus for an arbitrary prim surface

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 03:09:24 UTC 2012

Hello there,
Back in the days, I would implement auto zoom or auto focus though a
HUD that controlled avatar camera. I am looking for a solution that
does not involve permission requests or unnecessarily fiddling with
HUDs. Am wondering there must be some hack that would allow me to do
this because it is already available through llSetPrimMediaParams
...PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_ZOOM
I was thinking of just loading a blank html page so that I get to use
the (+) on the toolbar above the media surface of a prim to zoom and
focus, but then touch events are not detected. Any ideas how I could
make a surface that is touchable but which can be centered and focused
on easily at a click (without huds/permission requests)?
Thanks

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate
Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
Blog, LinkedIn, DeepSemaphore LLC, Google+ profile