[Opensim-users] Multiple Robust Instance questions

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Fri Oct 19 14:22:19 UTC 2012

There are some interactions between the ROBUST parts. This means
that parts will have to talk to each other, which they can do over
HTTP as well as locally. The configuration is slightly(tm) more
complex than standard ROBUST.

You can easily split inventory (only the login server talks to it)
and run it on a server of it's own with own database as well as
assets (nothing talks to it save the regions).

There is no point in separating friends and presence. I also see no
point in separating those from the grid service as they are all low
traffic volume services.

Login can be on another server, but then you need to use a lot of
remote connectors. Depending on your grid's activity, login may or
may not be heavy. Usually you can run it on top of the
friends/presence/grid stack. I recommend giving it it's own port.

Maybe Diva can give you details for the HG services - I'm out of my
depth there.

Melanie