[Opensim-users] Announcement of inventory tool (MyInventory), mostly of interest to grid operators/grid nauts

Snowcrash Short snowcrash.short at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 06:56:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Teravus Ovares <teravus at gmail.com> wrote:

> SnowCrash says:
> "There is no if about it, the code is ready for release, currently I'm
> working on a windows installer and documentation. Initially the code will
> be released under AGPL, once the code base is more mature I intend to
> change the licence to BSD.  I have decided to wait for two weeks after my
> initial announcement, because I wanted to give grid operators a heads up
> before releasing the code."
>
> Sorry fleep, That's a gauntlet, that's not a 'working with the community'
> statement.   That's 'I'm releasing it whether you like it or not'.
>
> The truth is, there are many options that would make something like this
> legitimate if done correctly...   but as the 'code is ready for release'
> and he's just working on installers and documentation now, 'the pool is
> closed'...  so naturally, the reactions are not going to be good after that
> statement.

Terravus, the topic is hot enough to handle already, there really isn't any
need to quote out of context, that cannot bring anything good with it. The
statement was made in reply to Melanies suggestion not to release or
atleast not release as open source.

I am sorry if you consider insisting on releasing the application in some
form or other as casting a gauntlet, so be it. I do however stand my
statement that I am willing to listen suggestions from the community as
long as they do not in a significant way deprive users of their legitimate
rights.

Users have right too, you know?