[Opensim-users] Announcement of inventory tool (MyInventory), mostly of interest to grid operators/grid nauts

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:47:47 UTC 2012

You make me wish there was a like button on this page.  May I quote some
of this on my own grid's TOS?

InuYasha.

On 11/15/2012 3:54 PM, dz wrote:
> "It took me 2 days to copy stuff to a new grid" is not justification
> for the harm this tool will do to the OpenSim content creation community.
>
> There is only one proper response to this "declaration of disregard"
> for the policies and efforts of this community to prevent the
> distribution of tools designed to subvert the rights of content
> creators....  Otherwise, those IAR files you want to load will never
> have the quantity and quality of legal assets you desire.
>
> There are a multitude of ways to resolve these asset sharing/transfer
> issues,  and a LOT of good work has been done.
>      Yes,  we need an easier way to load IAR files....
>                      Why don't you implement this as a first step and
> start the process of working WITH the community?
>                      (Instead of proclaiming your intent to implement
> something that requires us to react in a publicly negative way)
>
>      Yes,  we probably need to implement some kind of license tagging
> to assets to properly identify those place in the PD BY the creator.
>                     Even so,  I lend my voice to the chorus of "IANAL
> BUT.... I hope you confer with proper legal counsel before you jump
> off the liability cliff " ....
>
> I hope my response to your request for grid operators to participate
> in this discussion is clear....
>       I will disconnect and ban anyone who attempts to connect to any
> of the grids I administer using this tool.
>       I will publicly identify those users and share all the
> information I am able to collect with all of the operators of any
> other grid I can communicate with .
>
> Those of us who have been here a while have seen this all before, and
> I'm sure we will see it again.
> The response can only be "We do NOT want your tool as designed, we
> WILL NOT tolerate its use."
>
> NO, there are NO valid reasons to welcome a tool that incorporates a
> disregard for an important part of the Opensim community (creators)
> Public pressure was enough to thwart the public release of the last
> "OpenSource sim copy utility".
> I continue to hope that the vocal opposition we expressed as a
> community to that effort is brought to bear here as well..

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.4 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).