[Opensim-users] Announcement of inventory tool (MyInventory), mostly of interest to grid operators/grid nauts

John Sheridan john at pseudospace.net
Thu Nov 15 11:40:51 UTC 2012

Personally, I've always hated the idea of treating data as property.
But my hippie ideals aside, mayhaps maybe this would be a good time to
talk about maybe adding in a "license" field to OpenSim and other
virtual world assets?  By this point in time, with IP rights and DRM
being all the rage it seems make sense to try and come up with some sort
of unified standard aside from the basic copy / mod / transfer
permissioning system.

/me slips on a rain coat and prepares to be pummeled by rotten
vegetables.  :)

  - Orion Pseudo / Fhang / (whatever other name on whatever grid)