[Opensim-users] Multiple Regions

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:36:18 UTC 2012

In case it's helpful to know, in grid mode you can specify the default
region, and with the addition of Diva's Wifi for ROBUST module, you can
specify exactly where a new account lands when they log in for the first
time.  I'm not sure what the equivalent is for standalones, but if defining
the start location is something you really need, you can definitely do it
in grid mode.

The other thought is just restricting access to regions through the Estate
menu in the viewer.  I can't remember if you have to have permissions
checking turned on in opensim.ini or if that only relates to permissions
for objects, but as an example I have three regions on FleepGrid that I use
for rotating OAR files and for personal sandbox/building and I turned off
public access in the Estate menu through the viewer and it seems to work.
 In fact, those regions seem to appear on the map for other users, but they
can't even see into them from adjacent regions, nor can they teleport into
them.

Not sure if either of those options help, but would be interested in
knowing whatever solution you find.

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive