[Opensim-users] IAR Load error - magic # in GZip header not correct

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 00:38:22 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'd gotten a report about some of the IAR files I have available on my
FleepGrid Web Shop site not working and when I tested today, I was able to
reproduce the problem.  Some of the older files seem to be giving an error
when you attempt to load them on the console.  I THINK the version of
opensim I was running when I made them was 0.7.0.2, but I'm not entirely
sure.  I'm trying to load them onto an 0.7.2 system.  The person who
reported the error also tried to load them to an 0.7.3 system and it
failed, too.

Here's the full error message:

20:26:41 - Command error: System.IO.InvalidDataException: The magic number
in GZ

ip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream.

   at System.IO.Compression.GZipDecoder.ReadGzipHeader()

   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Decode()

   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset,
Int32 l

ength)

   at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset,
Int32

 count)

   at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset,
Int32 co

unt)

   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)

   at OpenSim.Framework.Serialization.TarArchiveReader.ReadHeader()

   at OpenSim.Framework.Serialization.TarArchiveReader.ReadEntry(String&
filePat

h, TarEntryType& entryType)

   at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiveReadR

equest.Execute()

   at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiverModu

le.DearchiveInventory(String firstName, String lastName, String invPath,
String

pass, String loadPath, Dictionary`2 options)

   at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiverModu

le.HandleLoadInvConsoleCommand(String module, String[] cmdparams)

   at OpenSim.Framework.Console.Commands.Resolve(String[] cmd)

   at OpenSim.Framework.Console.LocalConsole.ReadLine(String p, Boolean
isComman

d, Boolean e)

   at OpenSim.Framework.Console.CommandConsole.Prompt()

   at OpenSim.Application.Main(String[] args)

It's going to be a real pain to re-save and re-upload nearly 200 files so
I'd like to figure out what went wrong so I make sure not to do it again.
 I searched on Mantis and didn't see this exact error, anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks in advance,

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)

Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)

UCIT Instructional & Research Computing

University of Cincinnati

406A Zimmer Hall

315 College Drive