[Opensim-users] Posted osGetInventoryLandmarkParams on mantis (Function to read a landmark)

M.E. Verhagen marceled9 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:18:58 UTC 2012

oeps a ramdom result. That is not logica,.

are the opensim versions different or the same ?
could it be some sort of network issue ?
a bug ?
or does a region needs to do a link to succesfully return the data ?

Op woensdag 14 maart 2012 schreef Gudule Lapointe (gudule at spekuloos.be) het
volgende:
> We posted a patch to implement osGetInventoryLandmarkParams on Mantis
> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=5936
> It still needs some enhancement, but it's already working and useful in
lot of cases.
> What's missing?
> The function returns all values  same grid landmarks and landmarks to
hyperlinked region.
> For other external regions, we couldn't fetch region, particularly
"regionName", which is needed to output url, address, map search and region
name.
> In this case, the function returns "REGION_NOT_FOUND" instead of the
answer, to allow the script to handle it.
> Other values are returned in all cases (gatekeeper uri, position)
> Background: in our first steps, we thought we got the url successfully,
even for HG landmarks. We were wrong, it was random situation: the regions
of the first landmarks we tested were already linked on server (appearing
on console with "show hyperlinks").

--
Groningen en Hannover Opensims:   secondlife://meverhagen.nl:8002:Hannover
ZW/