[Opensim-users] Think I might be confused: Terrain Editing

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 22:37:25 UTC 2012

Since I got impatient waiting for a reply, I hope this works.  I moved
all my builds to above 100m.  Since I am running a standalone I didn't
see any reason to go with a standard land height or standard
waterlevel.  So now my land is at sea level when around 100m and the
ocean goes from the height of 95 to no lower then 20m.

So no worries of below zero builds or items.  Now all I hope is I can
move land up in a spot nearing the middle to a flatened area that is at
226m making my peak 126m higher then my base at 100m  Wish me luck.  I
also want to try to get my land textures right.  I want land below 100m
to turn to sand for a sandy bottom to my water.

What was that console command for setting a land level for an entire
region? ')
see ya and thanks for your time.
InuYasha

On 3/12/2012 5:54 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> I believe that the terrain brushes have been janky for a long time
> (corrections welcome).
>
> I would also warn you not to lower the terrain below 0.  This should
> really not be allowed and causes various unexpected problems (e.g.
> can't rez npcs as negative z co-ords).
>
> On 12/03/12 14:11, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>> This might be a newbieish question. But I may have misunderstood a
>> couple of things about terrain settings.
>>
>> I was under the possibly mistaken idea that if I started my sim flat
>> with a 21m above sea level with a water level at
>> 20, with a raise limit of 100 and a lower limit of -100 that I would
>> find it simple to use the client's land editor to
>> lower my land down to nearly 0 to give me a 20m deep ocean and be
>> able to have a archipelago, flat top hills up to 120m
>> high.
>>
>> But it seems even with my land editing brush strength slider at 100%
>> it barely drops to the water surface. I was hoping
>> for a land top height of 126m above sea level with fairly deep ocean
>> water. Not as deep as the person I read about a
>> while back making a titanic themed sim who wants to have the entire
>> build underwater. If I can get nearly 30m under
>> water that would be great.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>> InuYasha

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.2 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Mesages all working.