[Opensim-users] problem with diva-r18222-c upgrade - OSSL functions not working

John "Pathfinder" Lester john.e.lester at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:01:55 UTC 2012

Howdy,

I just ran the auto-updater for my Diva Distro installation, which was
running 0.7.2.

Installed diva-r18222-c just fine, and everything seems ok except for OSSL
functions.

Any script that I have that requires an OSSL function throws an error
(example below with osMakeNotecard function):

"System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
the target of an  invocation. ---> System.Exception: OSSL Runtime Error:
osMakeNotecard permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of
users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no
permission."

I've explicitly allowed the running of these functions in the [XEngine]
section of my OpenSim.ini file (see below), but no joy...

Enabled = true
AllowOSFunctions = true
OSFunctionThreatLevel = VeryHigh

Allow_osGetSimulatorVersion = true
Allow_osTeleportAgent = true
Allow_osMakeNotecard = true

Any suggestions?

-John
http://about.me/pathfinder

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide
the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and
endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry