[Opensim-users] Think I might be confused: Terrain Editing

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:11:10 UTC 2012

This might be a newbieish question.  But I may have misunderstood a
couple of things about terrain settings.

I was under the possibly mistaken idea that if I started my sim flat
with a 21m above sea level with a water level at 20, with a raise limit
of 100 and a lower limit of -100 that I would find it simple to use the
client's land editor to lower my land down to nearly 0 to give me a 20m
deep ocean and be able to have a archipelago, flat top hills up to 120m
high.

But it seems even with my land editing brush strength slider at 100% it
barely drops to the water surface.  I was hoping for a land top height
of 126m above sea level with fairly deep ocean water.  Not as deep as
the person I read about a while back making a titanic themed sim who
wants to have the entire build underwater. If I can get nearly 30m under
water that would be great.

Thanks for the help.
InuYasha

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.2 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Mesages all working.